Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Security Guard corps was composed of somewhere between five and six thousand men and women as of 32 BBY, though this number was commonly raised during times of tension in the Royal Court. Many Security Guards were natives of Naboo who had performed off-world military service, though it was known for nobles or businesspeople to receive martial training within the Security Guard before joining its ranks. Training was roughly similar to the galactic standard for a local police force.
Security Guards commonly served as sentries and patrolmen in Theed, and the group was adept at handling riots and other civic disturbances, though military analysts did not believe the corps could defend Naboo against a military ground assault—such as that performed by the Trade Federation during the Invasion of Naboo. Security Guards commonly served fifteen standard hours a week on average, and most tended to remain with the unit for two years. They were outfitted with a yellow-and-brown armored uniform, and carried CR-2 heavy blaster pistols, though in times of peril, the guards were equipped with blaster rifles. Sometime between 32 BBY and 22 BBY, the Security Guards adopted a darker uniform.
Following the assassination of King Veruna, the Security Guard quelled uprisings by elements of the Ralthar Syndicate. Prior to and during the Trade Federation invasion, the Security Guard was led by Captain Quarsh Panaka. Though unable to withstand the invasion of Naboo, the Security Guard assisted underground resistance movements, and fought in the Battle of Naboo.
Two prominent guards were killed in an assassination attempt on Padmé Amidala when their ship returned with her to Coruscant for the Senate vote on the Military Creation Act. Rumors that the guard shown below standing in the ship was a suicide bomber were false, as the terrorist responsible for murdering the guards and Amidala's handmaiden Cordé was in fact bounty hunter Zam Wesell, who worked for the Confederacy of Independent Systems via fellow bounty hunter Jango Fett.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Young Jedi Collectible Card Game – Menace of Darth Maul (Card: Naboo Security (Guard))
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game
- Secrets of Naboo
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 133 (GUA 5-8, Naboo Guards)
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Card: Royal Security Guard)
- The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Files (Card: Naboo Security (Factions))