|Chronological and political information|
- "I am Seggor Tels, Quarren, and I despise our planet-brothers with all my heart....May the Sea reclaim them! It was their fault I did what I did! Can't you see that?"
- ―Seggor Tels
Seggor Tels was a Quarren leader who, motivated by hatred and jealousy of the Mon Calamari people, helped the Galactic Empire conquer the planet Mon Calamari (also known as Dac) in 19 BBY. However, Tels went on to rally the Quarren to fight alongside their Mon Calamari rivals to oust the Imperial forces in 2–1 BBY.
- "I seek to understand why I still weep at night for those who died, why I still hate the dreamers who caused it all, and why I feel shame for my role in what transpired. Perhaps what I truly seek is a dream of my own."
- ―Seggor Tels
Shortly after the Declaration of a New Order, Mon Calamari leaders such as Ackbar initially welcomed the Empire. Quarren leaders like Seggor Tels, on the other hand, preferred to stay in the oceans. Tels, in particular, derided the Mon Calamari's fixation on the stars, and considered them to be pompous dreamers who were ignorant of what life was like for the Quarren of the ocean depths.
An Imperial agent, acting as an advance scout for a planned Imperial invasion, approached Tels at this time. Seeing a chance to strike back at the hated Mon Calamari, the Quarren leader agreed to sabotage Dac's planetary shields. In the ensuing conquest of Dac, the Imperial forces overwhelmed the defenseless Mon Calamari. However, Tels' initial joy in seeing the Mon Calamari brought down soon turned bitter, as both the Quarren and the Mon Calamari were enslaved. No record exists of any special consideration given to Tels or any other Quarren collaborators by the Empire.
Blaming the Mon Calamari for forcing the Quarren to become involved in galactic affairs, Tels was nevertheless convinced that the Empire had to be forced off their shared homeworld. Over time, Tels convinced the Quarren to join the Mon Calamari-led resistance movement; he and others helped the Mon Cal rebel leader Ackbar in a mission in 1 BBY. When the long struggle finally ended with the liberation of Dac in 1 BBY, many of Tels' newly freed people left their homeworld, in search of a new life away from Mon Calamari, Empires, and Rebellions. Tels remained on Dac, however, to live a meditative life in the oceans.
- (First appearance)
- The Force Unleashed II novel
- "Providence"—Avalon 1
- "Who Is That Alien? Quarren & Chevin"—Star Wars Kids 12
- "Blood-Feud: Warriors of the Deep!"—Star Wars Insider 129
- The Essential Guide to Warfare