As the name implied, these factories could replicate themselves on the surface of a planet, using the world's own resources in the construction of new factory parts and weaponry.
The Utapaun company Feethan Ottraw specialized in these self-replicating factories, some of which were built on Utapau during its occupation by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. If not for the Republic planetary invasion, the factories would have eventually covered the planet in ugly refineries, assembly lines and weaponry, thus making Utapau into another Confederate fortress world.
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (First identified as Self-Constructing Armament Factory)
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 12 (TEC1–2, Techno Union Starfighter)