- "And finally, Mantu, your people were once a peaceful race. How far they have fallen."
- ―Count Dooku, to the Selkath bounty hunter Mantu
Selkaths were a species of aquatic beings native to the planet Manaan. Because of the Selkath's water-dwelling nature, their chest armors were fitted with misting vents in order to keep their skin moist. Historically, Selkaths were devoted to preserving their native oceans and taking care of the ill. For that reason, other species regarded them as a peaceful and helpful people. However, at the time of the Clone Wars, Selkath such as Chata Hyoki and Mantu brought shame to their people's reputation by working as bounty hunters.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Selkath first appeared in Star Wars Legends, in the 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. They were included in canon when the Selkath bounty hunter named Chata Hyoki was featured in "Pursuit of Peace," the eleventh episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' third season.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo" (Appears in flashback(s))