|Distance from Core||
within 5000 light years
26 standard hours
355 standard days
|Points of interest|
Selonia was an industrial world, comprising many small islands surrounded by a global ocean. However, to circumvent this obstacle, the Selonians dug an elaborate network of tunnels under the planetary surface, thus facilitating contact among their peoples. The planet's oceans were rumored to be the habitat of sea monsters, since it was said that only Selonia's oceans were large enough to accommodate these creatures.
Selonian "dens" and tunnels ran through much of the planet's crust and mantle, while orbital shipyards operated above. Most of the vessels produced over Selonia were constructed for use within the Corellian system and, since Selonians generally had little interest in exploring further, were not fitted with hyperdrives.
One of the most striking features of the planet was a volcanic mountain range known as the Cloudland Peaks, said to rise so high that their tops were obscured.
It was believed that the Celestials moved the planet into Corell's orbit, along with four other planets, facilitated by planetary repulsors and Centerpoint Station. It is unknown whether Selonians were indigenous to the planet, or whether they were transplanted there by the Celestials. It is known that the planet was annexed by the Infinite Empire in 30,000 BBY.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Pride of Selonia was named after the world. During the Second Galactic Civil War in 40 ABY, Selonia was blockaded by the Galactic Alliance. By around 130 ABY, the planet was orbited by the Selonian Shipyards.
Behind the scenesEdit
Although previous sources might state that the Selonians are native to the planet Selonia, The New Essential Chronology indicates that they were actually transported to the planet by the Celestials thousands of years earlier.
According to Cracken's Threat Dossier, the Cloudland Peaks are located in the northern part of the planet on five islands. However, the map in the The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons would suggest they are located on a single island.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 52 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mentioned only) —
- "Elusion Illusion"—Star Wars Insider 66
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space (Mentioned only)
- The Hutt Gambit (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Side Trip
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge (Mentioned only)
- Ambush at Corellia (First mentioned)
- Assault at Selonia (First appearance)
- Showdown at Centerpoint
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- "Ordinary Joe"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- "On Our Planet: Corellia"—Star Wars Kids 3
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The New Essential Chronology
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars: Legacy 0
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA3, Core Worlds Overview)
- The Essential Atlas
- Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune