|Senate Resolution BR-0371|
Trade Federation granted more military assets in exchange for greater taxation
|Other key individuals|
Senate Resolution BR-0371 was passed by the Galactic Senate in 32 BBY after the failed Eriadu Trade Summit. It created taxation for hyperspace routes in the Outer and Mid Rims, with the profit going to pay off the growing Republic budget crisis. Senator Palpatine was a prominent supporter of the resolution.
It was in response to BR-0371 that Darth Sidious convinced the Trade Federation to blockade Naboo. The plan to get rid of it was to have Queen Amidala sign a "treaty" making Naboo a Federation protectorate to legitimize their occupation, which would be sent to the Senate. Instead, the Queen turned the tables and forced the Viceroy to sign another treaty.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (Mentioned in databank)
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First mentioned)
- The Essential Chronology (First identified as Senate Resolution BR-0371)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia