The Senate Select Committee for Refugees (SELCORE) was founded by the New Republic during the Yuuzhan Vong War to administer caring and settlement for refugees of planets ravaged by the invading Yuuzhan Vong. A year into the invasion, the duplicitous Kuati Senator Viqi Shesh was seen as the political head of the organization. It was based in Embassies Row.
SELCORE transports were known to have hauled millions of refugees out of the invasion corridor during the war, with mass amounts of SELCORE vessels known to have evacuated refugees from the worlds of Ithor, Talfaglio, Gyndine, and Dubrillion, as well as many worlds along the Corellian Run, such as Kalarba and Falleen. The Yuuzhan Vong were known to shadow SELCORE refugee vessels from settlement to settlement, creating fear and mass panic in the already troubled refugees. Unfortunately, corporations like Salliche Ag schemed to hand SELCORE refugees over to the Yuuzhan Vong as sacrifices in case of invasion.
About a year into the war, Duro was selected as an ideal SELCORE haven for refugees, with more than thirty-two settlements of refugees ranging from Vors and Vuvrians to Ryn and Humans, and even a Hutt. The main complex, Gateway, was administered by Leia Organa Solo until the facility was destroyed due to the efforts of the Yuuzhan Vong, and partly, Senator Shesh.
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- The New Jedi Order: Recovery (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds