|Galactic Civil War|
The Senex sector was in the Mid Rim, bordering Juvex sector and near the Ninth Quadrant, located next to the Rimma Trade Route. The two sectors made up the Senex-Juvex. The sector was long independent of the Galactic Republic, ruled by an alliance of "Ancient Houses," including Elegin, Garonnin, Taneel, and Vandron (which was the oldest and noblest).
The sector was originally settled after the Ruusan Reformations, by a group of settlers under the leadership of Thull Vandron. In 553 BBY, a conflict known as the Crimson Days broke out in the sector, but was ended by the Third Nantama Synod.
The sector was self-supporting, but desired open trade with the Republic and at the Fourth Nantama Synod, the Houses decided to make peace with the Republic. They tried to establish commercial links with Republic mega-corporations, but the Galactic Senate stopped this, due to the widespread use of slavery in the Senex sector. It gained the right to trade after aiding the Republic in cracking down on the Nebula Front, which was based on the Senex planet Asmeru. At some point prior to the end of the Clone Wars, the sector was finally permitted into the Republic, and represented in the Galactic Senate by Terr Taneel. The Galactic Empire maintained only a token presence in the sector, and it never joined the New Republic. It was the center of the Ismaren plot. The Herzfall Communications Corporation was based in the sector.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Senex" is Latin for "old man." "Senex" is also the name of a farm store.
- Cloak of Deception
- "Philanthropy" (Mentioned only)
- Only the Force (Mentioned only)
- The Farlander Papers (First appearance)
- Children of the Jedi
- Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Essential Chronology
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000"—Star Wars Insider 85
- Race for the Tessent"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas