A sensor beacon, or a sensor marker, was a type of sensor that was designed to transmit its exact position. Sensor beacons were attached to people, vehicles or objects, often discretely, in order to track them. Some sensor beacons could also scan the individuals in their vicinity. They were also used to mark the perimeters of planetary facilities. When establishing Chopper Base on the planet Atollon, members of the Phoenix Cell, such as Lieutenant Dicer, placed sensor markers around the base in order to detect incoming vehicles. After their encounter with the spidery krykna, the rebels discovered the sensors repelled the creatures, and used the sensors to keep them away from the base.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Holocrons of Fate"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twin Suns"
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)