Designed by Sienar Fleet Systems in the shape of its cousin, the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle, this larger, more spacious shuttle was primarily used to ferry a complement of 75 stormtroopers into battle—55 more troops than the Lambda-class. The ship featured three wings: one stationary center foil and two articulated flanking wings. The landing craft also had shielding strong enough to be able to withstand several hits from a Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier's turrets. They could also be modified with special containers carrying vehicles. The shuttle had several entry points including a front ramp, a rear ramp, and doors to the side. The interior of the ship had a main passenger section and a cockpit. In the passenger/cargo area, there were benches and harnesses on each side with a ladder to the side of the front ramp leading directly to a hatch for cockpit access. The cockpit section had four seats. The shuttle could also feature a refresher on the opposite side of the ladder.
- "A Sentinel-class—wizard."
- ―Jai Kell
Stormtroopers and the Grand Inquisitor took a Sentinel-class to an old Republic military base called Fort Anaxes, to either capture or eliminate the Spectres, after the rebels' successful mission to rescue a former Imperial employee. After a brief battle on the abandoned base, Kanan Jarrus piloted the Phantom and destroyed the shuttle before running away.
Minister Maketh Tua of Lothal was to take a shuttle on a meeting with Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin when she was rescued by the rebels, but after she boarded it, it exploded as part of a trap set by Agent Kallus and Darth Vader.
The rebels later became notorious for stealing shuttles, such as the shuttle Lagos. Later, a rogue former clone trooper CT-7567, nicknamed Rex, and Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus used another one of these stolen shuttles during their mission to destroy the Imperial Interdictor.
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Imperial landing craft)
- (First identified as Sentinel-class shuttle)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Sentinel-class landing craft)
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power! (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ Chewbacca, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Double Agent Droid"
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope Special Edition
- ↑ Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure