A Sentinel-class landing craft, also known as a Sentinel-class shuttle or Imperial landing craft, was large-scale troop transport utilized by the Galactic Empire.
Designed by Sienar Fleet Systems in the shape of its cousin, the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle, this larger, more spacious shuttle was primarily used to ferry a complement of 75 stormtroopers into battle—55 more troops than the Lambda-class. The ship featured three wings: one stationary center foil and two articulated flanking wings. They could also be modified with special containers carrying vehicles.
- "A Sentinel-class—wizard."
- ―Jai Kell
Stormtroopers and the Grand Inquisitor took a Sentinel-class to an old Republic military base called Fort Anaxes, to either capture or eliminate the rebels. After a brief battle on the abandoned base, Kanan Jarrus piloted the Phantom and destroyed the shuttle before running away.
Minister Maketh Tua was to take a shuttle on a meeting with Grand Moff Tarkin when she was rescued by the rebels, but after she boarded it, it exploded as part of a trap set by Agent Kallus and Darth Vader.
The rebels later became notorious for stealing shuttles, such as the shuttle Lagos. Later, a rogue former clone trooper CT-7567, nicknamed Rex, and Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus used another one of these stolen shuttles during their mission to destroy the Imperial Interdictor.
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Imperial landing craft)
- (First identified as Sentinel-class shuttle)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Sentinel-class landing craft)
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power! (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope Special Edition
- ↑ Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure