- "Sernpidalian mayo-ketchup and Bimm mustard available upon request."
- ―Dex's Diner menu
Sernpidalian mayo-ketchup was a condiment enjoyed by the Besalisk Dexter Jettster and available in his restaurant on the planet of Coruscant, Dex's Diner, before the establishment was destroyed during the first two years of the Galactic Empire's rule. A customer could ask for it to be served with any slider on the menu.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sernpidalian mayo-ketchup is mentioned in a Hyperspace-exclusive release, Dining at Dex's by Gregory Walker, which represents the in-universe menu of Dex's Diner. Sernpidal is a planet that exists within the Star Wars galaxy, first seen in the novel The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime by R. A. Salvatore, though a definitive connection between the condiment and it is not established by Walker's work. In real life, ketchup and mayonaisse, often shortened to "mayo," are popular sauces.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Last of the Jedi: Underworld established that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The Essential Reader's Companion later stated that the novel took place around the year 18 BBY. The New Essential Chronology states that the Empire was formed in 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime
- ↑ Audra Avizienis. Ketchup. How Products are Made, Volume 2. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018. Retrieved on July 31, 2018.
- ↑ Mayonnaise sales hit by egg price rise. Food & Drink Europe (April 21, 2004). Archived from the original on August 24, 2010. Retrieved on July 12, 2011.