|Chronological and political information|
Dating back to the days of the Old Republic, Serv-O-Droid made a household name with cheap and extremely reliable R-8009 utility droid, which brought the company billions of credits and enabled it to swallow its chief competitor, Delban Electrodyne, forming the Delban Serv-O-Droid conglomerate.
Though Serv-O-Droid never reached the level of Cybot Galactica or Industrial Automaton, the company established itself firmly in the galaxy for thousands of years, until it eventually bankrupted with the establishment of the Corporate Sector. They were one of the original, non-voting sponsors of the Corporate Sector Authority but went out of business shortly after its formation and the signing of its charter.
It made some bad decisions to ally itself with the Republic bureaucracy. While this led to many favorable deals, the bribes, kickbacks, and political favors eventually dragged the company down. It attempted to expand its offerings, but eventually went bankrupt. Many of its designs and manufacturing was sold to the Droid ReServe, a droid remainder reseller located on Elshandruu Pica. They continued to sell and service Serv-O-Droid models for many years.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 50 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Under a Black Sun (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Look Sir, Droids!"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 104 (MAN11-12, Droid Manufacturers)
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids