|Great Galactic War|
|Nebula Front conflict|
|Great Jedi Purge|
|Galactic Civil War|
The Seswenna sector (pronounced /sɪs.wɪnˌnɑ/) was a sector located in the Outer Rim Territories at the intersection of the Rimma Trade Route and the Hydian Way. It contained the planets of Eriadu, Seswenna itself, Adras, Agomar, Brintooin, Dzass IV, Eczar, Luptoom, Mirnic, Orryxia, Parwa, Hockaleg, Phelarion, Spuma, Uvena Prime, Uvena II, and Uvena III; it also contained the Moshaw Dark Star. The Galactic Empire's Tarkin superweapon was built in the sector.
The Sith Empire conquered the entire Seswenna sector during the Great Galactic War. The Sith Emperor's conquest of the Seswenna sector made Republic citizens and soldiers lose all hope in the Republic's survival until the Battle of Bothawui.
Ranulph Tarkin and later Shayla Paige-Tarkin represented the sector in the Galactic Senate. During the time of the Galactic Empire, Seswenna sector was a part of Oversector Outer. The sector's capital was Eriadu City on Eriadu. The sector bordered Sluis sector.
It was hinted that the sector only joined the Galactic Republic after Wilhuff Tarkin's birth (64 BBY). At any point, the sector was different from most other ones in the Republic, in that it was ruled by a governor and lieutenant governor appointed by the Galactic Senate, as opposed to a domestic government. The governor/lieutenant governor of the sector simultaneously served as the governor/lieutenant of Eriadu. During the last century of the Galactic Republic, Ulm Brashere represented the Seswenna sector in the Galactic Senate.
Wilhuff Tarkin began his political career serving as the sector's lieutenant governor; at some point after Palpatine became Supreme Chancellor, he was made first governor, then Moff of the sector and later Grand Moff of Oversector Outer. After his death at the Battle of Yavin, Ardus Kaine became the successor of Wilhuff Tarkin as Grand Moff of Oversector Outer.
After the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Grand Moff Ardus Kaine transferred the capital of Oversector Outer from Eriadu to Entralla and founded his own empire in the New Territories. Soon after, Eriadu became the capital of the Eriadu Authority, an Imperial faction established by Superior General Sander Delvardus, and the Seswenna sector his core territory. In 5 ABY, Delvardus was defeated by the New Republic and fled to the Deep Core with his remaining forces. The sector eventually rejoined the loyal Imperial forces.
Behind the scenesEdit
Star Wars: Rebellion incorrectly places Yaga Minor, Chandrila, Ghorman, Coruscant, Corsin, Balmorra and Svivren in the Seswenna sector. Yaga Minor is near the Braxant sector; Chandrila is in the Bormea sector; Corsin is in the Ploo sector; Ghorman is in the Sern sector; Coruscant is in the Coruscant sector; Balmorra is in the Colonies.
Additionally, Rebellion incorrectly places the sector at the heart of the Galactic Core, and both it and Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide mistakenly spell it as "Sesswenna Sector." It is also mistakenly spelled "Seswanna" in Pirates & Privateers.
The name of the sector was first pronounced in Timeline 5: The Battle of Bothawui.
- Timeline 5: The Battle of Bothawui (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Cloak of Deception
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 48 (Mentioned only) —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 49 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 52 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 56 —
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:08 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 69 (Mentioned only)
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:10:03"—Star Wars Insider 71 (Mentioned only)
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:2:29 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 74
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:3:21 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 76
- Jedi Trial (Mentioned only)
- "Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24"—Star Wars Insider 84
- Star Wars 51: Resurrection of Evil (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "Makin' It Happen"—Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters (Mentioned only)
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- "Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition"—Imperial Sourcebook (Second Edition)
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (as "Sesswenna Sector")
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Imperial Officers Field Guide"—Star Wars Insider 96
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Princess Leia, Imperial Servant has the quadrant containing Phelarion.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Timeline 5: The Battle of Bothawui
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare