- "I want the Seventh Fleet."
- ―Arihnda Pryce, to Wilhuff Tarkin
The Seventh Fleet was an Imperial fleet commanded by Grand Admiral Thrawn in 2 BBY. At this time, Governor Arihnda Pryce requested the aid of the Seventh Fleet to deal with the Phoenix Squadron, which was granted by Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin. The fleet's emblem was a stylized depiction of a chimaera. The flagship of the fleet was named after the same creature, and the ship's belly bore a stylized version of it.
In 2 BBY, the Seventh Fleet was commanded by Grand Admiral Thrawn, and headed by the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Chimaera. Governor Arihnda Pryce requested the aid of the fleet to deal with the rebellion.
After a group of rebels traveled to Mykapo in order to extract another rebel cell, the Chimaera traveled to the planet to support Admiral Kassius Konstantine, although the rebels were able to escape the battle.
As Thrawn continued the hunt, he sent out E-XD infiltrator droids to search for the rebel base. One of the droids infiltrated the base, but was reprogrammed by the rebels to self destruct upon returning to the fleet. After Imperial weapons technicians discovered it had been hijacked, the droid self-destructed its proton bomb, destroying the Imperial-class Star Destroyer it had docked with. The Chimaera was present for this, and as a result, Agent Kallus boarded the ship to inform Thrawn of this development. The Grand Admiral was relatively unconcerned by it, as the sabotage only narrowed his search from a thousand systems to just ninety-four.
As the Seventh Fleet continued to blockade Lothal, Grand Admiral Thrawn called many Imperial officers to the fleet to try and uncover the identity of the Rebel spy Fulcrum. The spy, Agent Kallus, attempted to be rescued by Ezra Bridger. However, Kallus eventually declined, as he understood that he could frame Lieutenant Yogar Lyste, who was already suspected as the rebel spy, and continue feeding the rebellion information. However, Thrawn caught onto the carefully orchestrated deception Kallus put in place and finally confirmed who he really was.
The fleet consisted of Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, led by the Chimaera, several Imperial light cruisers, Gozanti-class cruisers, and Interdictor cruisers during its campaign against the rebellion. On a smaller scale, the fleet also had numerous TIE/ln space superiority starfighters, TIE/sa bombers, and Sentinel-class landing crafts.
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The events of this article take place in or after Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow, which is the first known episode to take place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"