Not available for sale
| Technical specifications
Class 1 (backup Class 10)
Communications jammers (alternatively)
The ShaShore-class frigate was a capital ship that served in the New Republic Defense Fleet during the Yuuzhan Vong War and later in the Galactic Alliance Defense Fleet around 100 years afterwards. A fast and versatile starship, the ShaShore-class saw extensive use during the Sith–Imperial War and the subsequent operations that followed. Many of these frigates were part of Admiral Gar Stazi's Galactic Alliance Remnant fleet.
Like its larger cousin, the Scythe-class battle cruiser, the ShaShore-class was designed with a large, blade-like structure centered on the ventral section of the ships's bow. In its standard armament configuration, the ShaShore was equipped with multiple turbolaser batteries, point-defense laser cannons, and a pair of proton torpedo batteries. The ship's port and starboard hangar bays were capable of housing up to twenty four CF9 Crossfire starfighters and two Crix-class shuttles.
The ShaShore-class frigate was designed for greater speeds and maneuverability, at the cost of less armor. A smaller blade positioned directly in front of the main blade was designed to carry one of several specialized modules, ranging from barrage-style concussion missile launchers, to an advanced sensor suite or communication jammers. ShaShore frigates often were deployed as escorts for Scythe-class battle cruisers. At the Battle of Dac, at least four ShaShore-class frigates and several Sabertooth-class assault ships served as the escort for Admiral Stazi's flagship Indomitable.
The ShaShore-class had a predecessor design that served in the Alliance Fleet during the early years of the Galactic Civil War. An early model of the ShaShore-class was used during the Yuuzhan Vong War and participated in the Battle of Shramar.
The ShaShore-class frigate later became part of a larger program of Galactic Alliance warships produced at the Mon Calamari Shipyards in the decades following the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong. Unlike larger designs such as the Scythe-class battle cruiser and Tri-Scythe-class frigate, which were purpose-built, the ShaShore-class was capable of being augmented to numerous other secondary roles. Many ShaShore-class frigates fought at the Battle of Caamas, with at least one being destroyed by heavy Imperial fire. Following the formation of the Galactic Alliance Remnant, remaining ShaShore-class frigates saw continued heavy usage, as both a warship and diplomatic courier.
One ShaShore transported Admiral Gar Stazi to the Wheel to conduct negotiations with Captain Mingo Bovark of the Imperial faction loyal to Emperor Roan Fel. In the months following the aborted negotiations on the Wheel, several of the frigates were part of a task force under Admiral Stazi that captured the Advanced Star Destroyer prototype Imperious during the Battle of Dac. That major victory gave the Alliance a must needed morale boost, as well as a state-of-the-art capital ship prototype.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Invasion: Revelations 5
- Star Wars: Legacy 9: Trust Issues, Part 1 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Legacy 10: Trust Issues, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 20: Indomitable, Part 1
- Star Wars: Legacy 21: Indomitable, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 22: The Wrath of the Dragon
- Star Wars: Legacy 36: Renegade
- Star Wars: Legacy 42: Divided Loyalties
- Star Wars: Legacy 47: The Fate of Dac
- Star Wars: Legacy Volume 2 7 (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Invasion: Revelations 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Legacy 21: Indomitable, Part 2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 TheForce.net Literature forum thread
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Legacy 20: Indomitable, Part 1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Legacy 9: Trust Issues, Part 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 36: Renegade
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 10: Trust Issues, Part 2