The Shaadlar-type was based on a Basilisk design and had a gruesome insectoid appearance. They were capable of landing troops on planetary surfaces, where the four "legs" extended to support the weight of the ship itself. Modified through generations, later model troopships were less insectoid in appearance, and had six legs situated underneath the main bulk of the vessel.
The various models were armed with ion cannons, as well as concussion missile launchers. Although the concussion missile launchers were primarily for ground bombardments, they could be reconfigured to fire at targets in space.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 1: Edge of the Whirlwind (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Flashpoint
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Daze of Hate, Knights of Suffering
- Knights of the Old Republic: War 4
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide (First identified as Shaadlar-type troopship)
Notes and referencesEdit