|Chronological and political information|
- "Do you know Shada D'ukal? She can be very disarming."
- ―Han Solo
Shada had come from a family with several uncles. She joined the Shadow Guard in 3 BBY. In 0 BBY, Shada was a member of the six-person Shadow Guard team led by Manda D'ulin, when they were approached by the scientists working on the Hammertong project to guard a prototype of the Death Star's superlaser. When the mission went wrong, Shada and her friend and comrade Karoly D'ulin stole the Strike Cruiser being used to transport the prototype, and escaped to Tatooine, where they posed as the Tonnika sisters in an effort to hire a freighter to help take a section of the device back to Emberlene.
By 8 ABY, Shada was traveling the galaxy aboard the freighter The Fury with Mistryl trainee Dunc T'racen, when the pair of them were caught up in a complex con run by Ghitsa Dogder and Fenig Nabon. After this, Shada became bodyguard for the smuggler chief Mazzic. In this job, she appeared with plaited hair and a blank expression—until trouble started. Then she was all business, throwing enameled zenji needles with lethal accuracy and using her more-than-capable combat skills to protect the smuggler chief.
In 19 ABY, Shada prevented Karoly from assassinating Mazzic, and came under punishment from the Eleven who led the Mistryl. She left Mazzic's employment to avoid the Mistryl hunter teams, seeking to join up with the New Republic. Instead, Leia Organa Solo offered Shada's services to Talon Karrde, who was heading into the Kathol sector to locate a copy of the Caamas Document. Shada accompanied him, and the two grew fond of each other. When Karrde located information that revealed the truth about the fake Grand Admiral Thrawn, Shada was there to stop the cloned Major Grodin Tierce from killing Gilad Pellaeon and a Mistryl leader, Paloma D'asima. As a result the hunter teams were called off and Shada officially joined Karrde's new joint intelligence organization, taking the role of Karrde's unofficial second in command that had been open since Mara Jade left the organization.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Shada continued to serve as Karrde's lieutenant and business-partner. She assisted in transporting Jedi Initiates from Yavin 4 to Coruscant. There were rumors that she had passed on details of the Hammertong device to Karrde, allowing Booster Terrik to mount a superlaser aboard the Errant Venture.
Behind the scenesEdit
- When the Desert Wind Turns: The Stormtrooper's Tale
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Hammertong: The Tale of the "Tonnika Sisters" (First identified as Shada D'ukal)
- Star Wars: A New Hope Cine-Manga
- Nightlily: The Lovers' Tale
- Be Still My Heart: The Bartender's Tale
- Star Wars: Empire 15: Darklighter, Part 4 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Hutt and Seek
- The Last Command (First identified as Shada)
- Specter of the Past
- Vision of the Future
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- Recovery (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The Unifying Force
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Double Agent)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- The Smuggler's Alliance"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "Refresher Reading"—Star Wars Insider 91 (Picture only)
- "Q&A"—Star Wars Insider 95
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 1 (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Art: Visions (Ambiguously canonical source) (Picture only)
- The Essential Reader's Companion