- "Stay close, Shadow Three, I'll have those droids cleared out in no time."
"You got a chance, Shadow Five, as long as I'm covering you!"
- ―Shadow Five and Shadow Three, during the battle over Kadavo
"Shadow Five" was the call sign of a clone trooper pilot in the Grand Army of the Republic's Shadow Squadron. In 21 BBY, during the Clone Wars, a battle was fought over the planet Kadavo between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, after the Republic tried to liberate slaves held inside the Labor Processing Hub on the planet by the Zygerrians. Shadow Five participated in the battle and was killed when his V-19 Torrent starfighter fell under fire from the Confederate Commander Asajj Ventress and a squadron of Hyena-class bombers.
"Shadow Five" was the call sign of a clone trooper pilot, one of the many clones of bounty hunter Jango Fett bred on the planet Kamino to serve in the Grand Army of the Republic. During the Clone Wars, Shadow Five was a member of the Republic Navy's Shadow Squadron. In 21 BBY, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker planned to liberate Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Clone Captain CT-7567, and Togruta slaves who were being held in a Labor Processing Hub on the planet Kadavo. Kenobi, CT-7567, and the Togruta had been enslaved by the Zygerrian slavers, who were allied with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Republic's enemy in the war. A Republic fleet was sent to the planet Kadavo; Shadow Squadron were among the troops dispatched there. Having arrived at Kadavo, Skywalker, his Padawan Ahsoka Tano, and several clone troopers led a surface attack, trying to break into the Labor Processing Hub, while the Republic fleet remained in orbit above the planet.
A Confederate fleet soon arrived at Kadavo as well, in an attempt to kill both the slaves and the Zygerrians. As a battle ensued between the Republic and the Confederate fleets, Shadow Squadron, flying V-19 Torrent starfighters, engaged enemy droid starfighters. Shadow Five and two other Shadow Squadron pilots initiated an attack run on a group of droid fighters, and Shadow Five asked Shadow Three to stay close. The clones destroyed the initial fighters, but then they were attacked by the Confederate Commander Asajj Ventress and her squadron of Hyena-class bombers. Shadow Five and the other two clone pilots fell to enemy fire and were all killed. In the end, however, the Republic repelled the Confederate attack and won the battle, liberating the slaves.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Shadow Five appeared in The Clone Wars 6, a 2009 comic book written by Henry Gilroy and illustrated by Scott Hepburn. In 2011, when the Slaves of the Republic story arc was adapted into three episodes of The Clone Wars TV series' fourth season, Shadow Five was not included in the adaptation.
- The Clone Wars 6 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 7 (HEA1, Z-95 Headhunter) dates "Darkness on Umbara" to late 21 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 57 (EVA1–2, Moralo Eval) dates "Deception" to 21 BBY. Since places "Escape from Kadavo" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Escape from Kadavo" also takes place in 21 BBY. The same timeline placement is applicable to The Clone Wars 6, the comic book upon which the episode was based.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 The Clone Wars 6