- "Minimal casualties, maximum effectiveness. That's us."
- ―Broadside, on Shadow Squadron
Shadow Squadron was a Republic starfighter squadron personally trained and led by Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, consisting of at least twelve BTL-B Y-wing starfighters. Its members included Matchstick, Broadside, and Tag.
Anakin Skywalker personally trained Shadow Squadron. Originally, Shadow Squadron flew V-19 Torrent starfighters. They played a major role in the attack on, and subsequent liberation of, the slave processing facility on Kadavo. After this, Shadow Squadron implemented the Y-wing starfighters that Skywalker obtained.
Shadow Squadron participated in the attack on Malevolence, taking heavy casualties. During the battle, Skywalker served temporarily as Shadow Leader. He was joined in his Y-wing by his Padawan Ahsoka Tano, and R2-D2, who served as their navigational droid. Jedi Master Plo Koon assisted as a Jedi fighter escort in his Delta-7B interceptor.
Members during the Battle of the Kaliida NebulaEdit
- Shadow Two: Matchstick (KIA)
- Shadow Three:Broadside
- Shadow Four
- Shadow Five: Tag (KIA) (Astromech droid R2-Y9)
- Shadow Six: Flyby (astromech droid R5-U8)
- Shadow Seven
- Shadow Ten
- Shadow Eleven: Contrail (with gunner and astromech droid R2-J8)
- Shadow Twelve
- Unidentified Shadow Squadron pilot
- The Clone Wars 6
- The Clone Wars: Procedure (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (Incorrectly identified as "Gold Squadron")
- The Clone Wars 12: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 3
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- The Clone Wars: Defenders of the Republic
- "Vader Adrift"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2012 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG: Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 12
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles