The Rodian slaver owned a starship that he used in the years before the Great Galactic War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. An astromech droid named T7-O1 served as the ship's navigator but, because he never entered the cargo hold where Shafu's "goods" were kept, the droid was unaware that Shafu was a slaver. Sometime before 3681 BBY, the Jedi Master Ven Zallow tracked down Shafu; however, instead of killing or arresting him, Zallow convinced Shafu to reform, and the smuggler became an undercover agent for the Jedi. Shafu used his ship in that capacity for decades until 3653 BBY, when Shafu's investigations into an Imperial spy network led the bounty hunter Terrin Sandafar to kill the Rodian. Sandafar sabotaged Shafu's ship over the moon Nar Shaddaa, causing it to explode and kill Shafu. Though his death was ruled accidental, years later, T7-O1 learned of Shafu's death and resumed his friend's investigation.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Slaver's Redemption"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. Adding ten years to the date 3643 means that Shafu in 3653 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Shafu's Report"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Confession"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia confirms that T7-O1 was working for Zallow in 3681 BBY when he was serving on Nico Okarr's ship.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Terrin Sandafar"