- "I never eat my guests -- at least not without tea, and you've just missed that."
- ―Shalera the Hutt
Shalera, known as "Lady Hutt" for her female personality, was a Hutt who abided by a moral code; a rare trait for her species. Formerly a member from Black Sun, she joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War against the Empire.
Though she had installations throughout the planet Corellia, the Lady Hutt could often be found running her operations from the back room of the cantina in Tyrena. Shalera often protected Rebels and had her guards escort their operatives to safe bases. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, Shalera's partnership with the Black Sun began to waver. The Black Sun's greed began to interfere with business, something Shalera did not tolerate.
At some point a Rodian smuggler Ubis Reendorr hired a spacer to steal a shipment of B1 battle droids from Shalera's warehouse on Corellia. At the warehouse the spacer was surprised to find not only a dozen of pirates and thugs, but also Shalera herself. A firefight ensued, during which the Hutt escaped and her guards were defeated, which allowed the spacer to bring the shipment to Reendorr.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Light Side scenario campaign)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Shalera)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Shalera)