Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Shan family was a famous Human Jedi family of the Galactic Republic, including Bastila Shan, her parents, Helena Shan and her husband, and her descendants, including Satele Shan and her son Theron.
Helena and her husband were treasure hunters from Talravin. They had one child, a daughter named Bastila. When she was a little girl, Bastila was found to be Force-sensitive. Her mother, believing that treasure hunting was not the right life for her daughter, gave Bastila to the Jedi Order.
Bastila would play a major role in upcoming events. When the Jedi Civil War began, Bastila's skill in battle meditation would allow the Republic to escape certain defeat at the hands of the Sith Empire under the command of Darth Revan. Bastila eventually captured Revan, who was redeemed from the dark side. Bastila and Revan were assigned by the Jedi Council to track down the Star Forge. During this time, Bastila and Revan fell in love. Bastila later turned to the dark side herself, but Revan redeemed her. The two would play key roles in the final battle of the war, and eventually marry before Revan's disappearance during his quest to stop the True Sith. Thereafter, their son, Vaner Shan, fathered two children, Reesa and Bress.
Bastila Shan and Revan's descendants would eventually lead to the Jedi Knight Tasiele Shan, who had a daughter named Satele Shan before her exile by the Republic and the Jedi Order on account of her views on marriage and attachment. Satele became a Jedi Knight and fought the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War, and later became Grand Master of the Jedi Order. She also had a son named Theron, who was the result of a secret six-month affair with a Republic trooper named Jace Malcom in 3667 BBY. Satele gave up Theron to the Jedi Order, though the boy lacked Force-sensitivity and later became an agent for the Republic Strategic Information Service.
|Helena Shan||Unidentified Shan male|
|Vaner Shan||Emess Shan|
|Unidentified male||Reesa Shan||Bress Shan||Unidentified female|
|Tasiele Shan||Unidentified male|
|Satele Shan||Jace Malcom|
Behind the scenes
In The Old Republic, Threat of Peace Act 3: Uncertain Surrender, Sith Lord Darth Baras states that he believes Satele is also a descendant of Revan, an affirmation that she neither denied nor confirmed. Also, on Satele Shan's biography page on The Old Republic website, there is an Aurebesh phrase that says "blood of Revan." Her kinship with Revan was later confirmed in The Old Republic: Revan.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- The Old Republic: Revan
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic, Threat of Peace
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—The Lost Suns
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- The Old Republic: Annihilation
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The Old Republic: Revan
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ The Old Republic: Annihilation
- ↑ In The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 5, Theron indicates that "ten generations of Jedi blood flow through my veins," and subtracting the known generations (including Bastila), we are left with five generations between Vaner's children and Tasiele.
- ↑ The Old Republic, Threat of Peace Act 3: Uncertain Surrender