Shaper hands were cephalopoidal creatures used by the shaper caste of the Yuuzhan Vong. When a Shaper Adept was escalated to the rank of Master Shaper, they sacrificed one of their hands—or both—and attached the creatures to where their hands had been. The fingers of shaper hands were implanted with the tools necessary in shaping. Often, shapers would place weapons in the tentacles of the hand, such as Finger-spears.
Shaper Initiates had a similar organism to replace their right hands on their escalation to Adept, but these creatures had five digits instead of eight.
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Star Wars: Legacy: Ghosts
- Legacy 18: Claws of the Dragon, Part 5 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Legacy 43: Monster, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))