- "In the mind of Yun-Yuuzhan is a perfect grutchin. It has never been seen by Yuuzhan Vong except in the protocols–never in living form. You and I, Adept, will incarnate the grutchin in the mind of Yun-Yuuzhan. It shall be perfect in form and proportion, precise in hue. When we are done, Yun-Yuuzhan will know us for true shapers, who create in his image."
- ―Onimi disguised as Kae Kwaad
The Shaping protocols were the guidelines and blueprints used by the Yuuzhan Vong to create their technology, stored within the Qang Qahsa. Stored in levels known as cortexes, the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth cortex were available to viewing by any member of the shaper caste. Only Master Shapers were allowed access to the sixth and seventh cortex. The highest of them was the eighth cortex, believed to be the most perfect information the gods gave to the Yuuzhan Vong. In truth, the eighth cortex was near empty. Violation of the protocols was deemed heresy, and was grounds for automatic death.
List of known protocolsEdit
- Vul Ag - reserved for more advanced organisms, this protocol explained how a bio-engineered creature would be made to transpire more easily.
- Tsong - this protocol governed the usage of the spineray.
- Qah - this was a method used in the alteration of memory cells of another Yuuzhan Vong or lesser creature.
- Hon Akua - this shaper law governed the production of the Grutchin.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Death in the Slave Pits of Lorrd (Possible indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Invasion 8: Rescues, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest (First appearance)
- Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- Destiny's Way
- Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- The Final Prophecy
- The Unifying Force