- "Blast! He blocked my energy bolt with his shield!"
- ―Luke Skywalker during a jousting contest on Serphidi
A shield was a broad piece of hard material carried on the arm and used as a protection against blows. As early as by the Mandalorian Wars, physical shields had been replaced by energetic devices. Some less-developed cultures, however, retained those archaic means of defense. Such civiliations included the Serp, a reptilian species from the planet of Serphidi, who still used kite-shaped shields for their jousting contests. A certain type of shields made from cortosis ore also remained in use concurrently with modern technology due to its property of blocking lightsaber attacks. The beastwarden's shield was a type of shield made of bronze with a serrated edge that was used for defense and as a thrown weapon by Geonosian Petranaki gladiators on the planet Geonosis. Before their extermination by the Mandalorian Crusaders, the Tlönians crafted a particular type of shield.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 1
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 2
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 3
- SkyeWalkers: A Clone Wars Story
- Star Wars 60: Shira's Story
- Star Wars 64: Serphidian Eyes