|Shield of Lies|
Shield of Lies is a novel written by Michael P. Kube-McDowell and published by Bantam Spectra in 1996. It is the second novel in the The Black Fleet Crisis trilogy. The audio version was narrated by Anthony Heald.
- ISBN 0553572776; August 1996, Bantam Spectra, 340-page paperback
- ISBN 055384010X; September 1996, Bantam Spectra, 340-page paperback
- ISBN 380252490X; 1997, Heyne-Verlag, 451-page German hardcover (Die Schwarze Flotte, Band 2 - Aufmarsch der Yevethaner)
- ISBN 345313673X; July 1998, Heyne-Verlag, 378-page German paperback
- ISBN unknown; Spanish book (La Flota Negra 2: Escudo de Mentiras)
- ISBN 8372450706; July 1999, Amber, 304-page Polish paperback (Kryzys Czarnej Floty, Tom II - Tarcza Kłamstw)
- ISBN 9545285400; Trud, 2005, 288-page Bulgarian paperback (Щит от Лъжи)
As Leia must deal with a new threat to the fragile alliance that binds the New Republic, Lando becomes a prisoner aboard a runaway spacecraft of unknown origin. The ship is following an unstoppable path to its homeworld, destroyed by Imperial forces. Luke continues his quest to learn more about his mother among the Fallanassi, where his every belief about the use of the Force is about to be challenged. And while Leia ponders a diplomatic solution to the aggression of the fierce Yevetha race, Han pilots a spy ship into the heart of Yevethan space and faces a vast fleet of warships under the command of a ruthless leader—a fleet more than a match for the New Republic's forces….
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
On Coruscant, capital of the New Republic
With the Fifth Battle Group of the New Republic Defense Fleet, in Farlax Sector
With the Teljkon Task Force
On N'zoth, spawnworld of the Yevetha, in the Koornacht Cluster, Farlax Sector
Outbound from Lucazec in the skiff Mud Sloth
On Kashyyyk, homeworld of the Wookiees
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
This is a gallery of the different cover variations of Shield of Lies.