Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A shield trio was a starfighter combat tactic that was developed by the New Jedi Order during the Yuuzhan Vong War. The maneuver involved three starfighters that, while flying in close formation, would extend the radius of their deflector shields and inertial compensators to provide overlapping coverage of the three-ship formation that was further insulated against Yuuzhan Vong coralskippers attempting to siphon shields away using their dovin basals. This tactic also allowed for the fighter craft taking part to concentrate their fire on a single yorik-et, thereby overwhelming its void-based defenses and quickly dispatching it.
First utilized during the Battle of Talfaglio, the effectiveness of the shield trio was proven by Shocker Squadron when the Jedi engaged the Vong forces in the system. Luke Skywalker, who led the Jedi contingent in that battle, supported by the Star Destroyers Mon Mothma and Elegos A'kla, quickly realized the effectiveness of this new tactic and ordered the rest of his forces to adopt it. From then on the shield trio became an integral part of New Republic, and later Galactic Alliance, starfighter tactical doctrine throughout the remainder of the war.
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War