- "Shiim is any kind of wound that is made with the edge of a lightsaber blade."
- ―Cin Drallig
In lightsaber combat, shiim was a more minute wound to an opponent by the edge of a lightsaber's blade. It was considered inferior and a sign of desperation or struggle against a potent enemy. However, in use by a lightsaber master, this was regarded as either a taunt by a superior enemy or an immobilizing technique to stop a foe.
While dueling with Darth Bane on Tython, Jedi Knight Johun Othone scored a successful shiim strike against the Dark Lord by slashing through a gap in his orbalisk armor at his exposed wrist, cutting him deeply, though it only enraged Bane into attacking more fiercely.
She also used this technique on a Clone trooper commander Wolffe. She impaled his right eye, and if Jedi Masters Plo Koon and Kit Fisto had not been present, he surely would have died from severe blood loss.
Galen Marek was heavily scarred from the numerous shiim applications he inadvertently received from Darth Vader's missed attacks during their sparring matches. Vader later applied shiim on Tao under Palpatine's orders.
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival
- Jedi Apprentice: The Uncertain Path
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- Star Wars: Republic: Dreadnaughts of Rendili
- Star Wars: Republic: Trackdown
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire (novel) (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- Legacy 13: Ready to Die
- Legacy—War 4
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Shiim)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Trackdown
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Dreadnaughts of Rendili
- ↑ The Force Unleashed novel
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- ↑ Legacy 13: Ready to Die