The Ship's Articles was a set of rules of pirate conduct authored by Celis Mott. Many Rebel privateers would adhere to those rules. They were as follows:
- Every member shall have a vote, when votes are called, and equal share of provisions found.
- All booty shall be doled out fairly, under the watch of a group elected by the crew. Defrauding the ship and crew shall be punished by marooning.
- No gambling or intoxicants on duty.
- Weapons and vacuum suits to be kept clean and serviceable at all times.
- No minors or idle family.
- Desertion of one's battle station is punishable by marooning or death, at vote of the crew.
- No fighting on board. Personal disputes are to be settled planetside by duel.
- No retirement or disbanding until every crew member has shared 100000 credits. The crippled shall receive 80000 credits out of the public stock, and for lesser wounds proportionally.
- The captain, engineer, and weapons officer shall receive two shares. The other officers shall receive one and a half shares. All other crew members shall receive one share.