|Physical and technical specifications|
Bronze and brown
Ranges from approx. 4 to 17 meters
|Usage and history|
Molecular weakening of enemy structures
A large ovoid device the size of a cave, when activated it generated ultrasonic vibrations that disable droids and other technology in an widening circle with the Shock Drum in the middle. The Shock Drum's vibrations become more powerful the longer it was left on and eventually resulted in massive seismic groundquakes and damage and even death to life within range as their molecules vibrated apart.
It was originally conceived for use against enemy fortifications and military bases where it would soften them up by weakening their defenses. However, it was discovered by Republic scientists that over a long period it would cause the core of a planet to destabilize, eventually causing it to reach critical mass and literally shatter, destroying the entire planet. Following this discovery the head of the Republic's superweapons program, General Var Suthra shut the project down and they only produced one prototype based on Tatooine.
Unfortunately for the Republic, the details of the Shock Drum were among the plans stolen by Sith infiltrator Sith Lord Tarnis. This resulted in the Sith, under the command of Darth Angral taking control of the project and stealing the prototype. On learning that the Jedi responsible for his son's death was on Tatooine, Darth Angral ordered his subordinate Lord Praven to activate the Shock Drum and destroy Tatooine to kill the Jedi and his companions. However, Praven disobeyed his master's order to destroy the deactivation code, believing he should face the Jedi Knight honourably. Fortunately, after defeating Praven in a duel, the Sith surrendered to him and was convinced to join the Jedi Order. With his help the Jedi Knight was able to shut down the Shock Drum before it shattered the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Depending on the player's choices, the Shock Drum can either be buried, leave its fate up to Var Suthra or agree to its continued use.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Shock Drum" on Tatooine
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ Using comments and information from Star Wars: The Old Republic 2: The Lost Suns, Part 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Sand Demon" on Tatooine
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Shock Drum's dimensions have been estimated using members of the Jawa species, which has an average height of 1 meter, as a measuring standard.