- "Someone triggered the beast's shock collar."
A shock collar was a device placed around the neck of a captive individual or creature in order to shock them into submission.
When Mandalorian Prime Minister Almec's black market operation was to be exposed, Almec had Mandalore's ruler, Duchess Satine Kryze, was fitted with a shock collar. Hoping to have her sign a confession of treason, he tortured her with it, but as she refused, he threatened to have her nephew, Korkie Kryze, tortured with a shock collar instead. Ahsoka Tano, however, placed the device on him, forcing him to surrender.
Practicers of slavery, Zygerrians made use of shock collars for their servants. The captive Jedi Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Clone Captain Rex, as well as kidnapped Togruta colonists from Kiros, all were made to use shock collars until their release by Republic allies.
Kongo the Disemboweler was fitted with a shock collar while fighting in the arena inside the palace of Grakkus the Hutt. This shock collar was activated by Imperial Sergeant Kreel, who was undercover as the arena's gamemaster, when Kongo fought Luke Skywalker.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Academy" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- "Return of the Slavers"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 5
- "Final Round"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Star Wars 12: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part V
- , images #13, 14 (of 15)
- , images #13, 16, 17 (of 19)
- , images #2, 6, 11, 14 (of 19)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Academy"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Return of the Slavers"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars 12: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part V
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- ↑ Battlefront II: Inferno Squad