|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The shock whip was made of a metal grip from which extended a thickly woven metal wires roughly four meters in length, woven into a single strand. When activated via a control on the hand grip, the internal power cell would send an intense electrical charge through the whip. Wielders were known to wrap their foes in the metal wire before activating the electric charge. The charge itself was strong enough to kill a being with but the slightest touch. Some models of shock whips featured retractable cords that would spool themselves back into the whip's handle for easier carrying and use.
A bodyguard employed by Senator Bezz Drexx was known to carry a shock whip during the Clone Wars. He used it against Padmé Amidala during her mission to uncover evidence of Drexx's dealings with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The shock whip was also the chosen weapon of the Mistryl Shadow Guards.
Quarren Sith Lord Darth Maleval was highly proficient with a shock whip, and used it in conjunction with his lightsaber during the Battle of Borosk. He attempted to kill Hondo Karr with this weapon following a perceived betrayal, though he was shot in the back by Anson Trask before his shock whip could inflict any major damage.
This weapon was also favored by the Zygerrian slavers, such as Miraj Scintel, who use the whip to keep the rebellious slaves in line. The Zygerrians use the model that has the retractable cord finding it easier to handle. The shock whips were used to defeat Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi when they attempted to release the Togrutain Colony that had been captured for the Zygerrian slave auction.
- "One of a Kind" - Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 8
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- "Spy Girls" - Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 7
- Star Wars: Droids—"Across the Roon Sea"
- "To Fight Another Day"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (Mentioned only)
- "Easy Credits"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- Star Wars: Legacy 4: Noob (First appearance)