Shockboxing was a violent and often dangerous sport where combatants fought each other in a ring using electrified gauntlets known as shockmitts. These gloves could deliver blows of varying levels of electrical intensity, from stun to more lethal levels. A popular training method amongst military units, shockboxers were typically tough and skilled at melee combat. A regulation shockboxing match was divided up into ten equal two-and-a-half minute phases, with one-minute breaks between each phase. Barabels were frequent participants and known to be exceptionally suited to the sport. For several years, the Outer Rim title holder in shockboxing was the ferocious Barabel Tull Raine.
- Murder on the Executor (Mentioned only)
- Heroes & Rogues (First mentioned)
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Lords of the Expanse
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Galaxy at War