Shockstun mist was a chemical used by bounty hunters to help immobilize targets that needed to be taken alive. Capable of quickly numbing and paralyzing exposed skin, shockstun mist was most effective when inhaled; resulting in paralysis that could last for hours. The chemical was best known for being introduced in the GRS-1 snare rifle, which had the ability to fire shockstun mist to a distance of about 150 meters. Immediately following the mist was a liquid spraynet which hardened after exposure to the air and helped restrict all movement of the paralyzed target.
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Zuckuss's Snare Rifle)
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 61
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia