|Points of interest|
Shola was a volcanic planet, with constant groundquakes and corrosive air. Its core was a chamber of icy gas while the outside was searing hot. The planet was also almost impossible to explore, with falling volcanic ash and dangerous mining shafts.
Due to the presence of ancient ruins on the planet, many scientists believed that a civilization once resided on Shola, but were all killed in a massive cataclysm that left the planet in its present state. Another theory held that the original inhabitants over-mined the planet and the crust collapsed. During the Galactic Civil War, the Zann Consortium established racketeering operations on the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Unused information in MasterTextFile.dat in Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption indicate that Shola was originally planned to be where Tyber Zann hid Jabba's Sith artifact, and that there would be a mission to smuggle it off-planet, but this was removed for unknown reasons, possibly because some graphic cards and/or computers will not support lava or ice Maps.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook