The stylized shriek-hawk sigil of Clan Vizsla
Loud, piercing cry
- "No sound is more terrifying to the creatures of the Mandalorian night than the piercing cry of the jai'galaar, the shriek-hawk. Shriek-hawks are peerless hunters, but never more dangerous than when defending their nests."
- ―Tor Vizsla
Its name in Basic was derived from the raptor's rather disturbing shrieking noise. The Mandalorian award of Jaig eyes was named for the jai'galaar, and CT-55/11-9009 took the creature's name as his own. Members of Clan Vizsla and the Death Watch also wore a stylized symbol modeled after a shriek-hawk in mid-dive.
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- "The Mandalorians: People and Culture"—Star Wars Insider 86
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Under jai'galaar)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: New Battlefronts: The Visual Guide
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett