- "Shu-Torun is an intensely courtly culture."
- ―Princess Trios, to Darth Vader
Shu-Torun was a volcanic, resource-rich planet located in the Mid Rim region of the galaxy and under the control of the Galactic Empire. It was ruled by a royal family which controlled the planet's ore-supplying nobles that held to a distinct obsession of courtly rituals and pageantry.
After the destruction of the Death Star, the world was visited by none other than the Sith Lord Darth Vader, who came to ensure that the King of Shu-Torun and his people remained faithful and loyal servants of the Empire. After the king showed his true colors as a traitor to the Empire, he, along with his guards and two eldest children, Prince Monthan and Princess Hollian, were killed by Vader's assassin droids, 0-0-0 and BT-1. The Dark Lord then used the Force to crown the king's surviving child, Princess Trios, as the new Queen of Shu-Torun. After promising her the support of the Empire to keep the ore-dukes in line, Vader left her alone in the throne room with only the warning that she should not forget that she and her people served the Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
Shu-Torun first appeared in Darth Vader Annual 1 published in 2015 by Marvel Comics. The issue was written by Kieron Gillen and penciled by Leinil Francis Yu. In Marvel's solicitations, the planet's name has varied, with spellings such as "Shu-Torin" and "Sho-Turun."
- Darth Vader Annual 1 (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 16: The Shu-Torun War, Part I
- Darth Vader 17: The Shu-Torun War, Part II
- Darth Vader 18: The Shu-Torun War, Part III
- Darth Vader 19: The Shu-Torun War, Part IV
- Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I (Mentioned only)