Shu Mai was a female Gossam who served as Presidente of the Commerce Guild during the final years of the Galactic Republic. During the Separatist Crisis, she attended a meeting with Count Dooku and the heads of other noted corporate holdings on Geonosis to discuss joining the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Though Mai showed misgivings about the situation, stating that the proposal could be viewed as treasonous, she was the only one to do so and ultimately pledged the forces of the Commerce Guild to the Separatist cause and gained a seat on the Separatist Council as a result. She and the entire Council were killed by Darth Vader on Mustafar following the end of the Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Shu Mai)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- (Picture only)