- "...it's rough on my throat, I lost my voice for a day after bugging Zeb by serenading him in Shyriiwook."
- ―Sabine Wren
Shyriiwook was a language of the Wookiees, others of which included Thykarann and Xaczik. The language consisted of growling and howls, and thus was difficult for anyone not a Wookiee to speak or learn and was also rough on their throat. It had over one-hundred-and-fifty words for wood, and many words for bloodshed.
Han Solo was capable of understanding it, as he usually understood what Chewbacca was saying. Major Harter Kalonia, who served as a physician in the Resistance, was fluent in Shyriiwook. Rey was able to learn Shyriiwook due to her interaction with offworlders on Jakku.
- Ah. ("One.")
- Ah-ah. ("Two.")
- A-oo-ah. ("Three.")
- Wyoorg. ("Four.")
- Wyaaaaaa. ("Hello.")
- Roooarrgh ur roo. ("I have a bad feeling about this.")
- Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof? ("How do you take your coffee?")
- Wwwah rrroooaaah wha? ("Want to play holochess?")
- Aarrr wgh ggwaaah. ("Jump to hyperspace.")
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First identified as Shyriiwook)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars 24: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope