- "...it's rough on my throat, I lost my voice for a day after bugging Zeb by serenading him in Shyriiwook."
- ―Sabine Wren
Shyriiwook was a language of the Wookiees, others of which included Thykarann and Xaczik. The language consisted of growling and howls, and thus was difficult for anyone not a Wookiee to speak or learn and was also rough on their throat. It had over 150 words for wood.
Han Solo was capable of understanding it, as he usually understood what Chewbacca was saying. Major Harter Kalonia, who served as a physician in the Resistance, was fluent in Shyriiwook. Rey was able to learn Shyriiwook due to her interaction with offworlders on Jakku.
- Ah. ("One.")
- Ah-ah. ("Two.")
- A-oo-ah. ("Three.")
- Wyoorg. ("Four.")
- Wyaaaaaa. ("Hello.")
- Roooarrgh ur roo. ("I have a bad feeling about this.")
- Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof? ("How do you take your coffee?")
- Wwwah rrroooaaah wha? ("Want to play holochess?")
- Aarrr wgh ggwaaah. ("Jump to hyperspace.")
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- A New Dawn (Indirect mention only)
- Lost Stars
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First identified as Shyriiwook)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary