Silara Panteer was a female Human from the planet Alderaan and a member of the noble House Panteer who served as the Queen of her homeworld for several decades during the Great Galactic War and Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. However, her son Gaul Panteer withdrew the planet from the Republic in his capacity as Senator in protest of the Treaty of Coruscant that ended the Great Galactic War in 3653 BBY, and Silara was killed a few years later in a shuttle crash, shortly after her son was murdered by assassins. The Queen's death led to the Alderaan Civil War, as Houses Ulgo, Organa, Thul, and Panteer fought to claim Alderaan's throne.
- "I failed my queen, and now Alderaan is leaderless. Queen Panteer was killed when her transport crashed in this river. Her body was found, but her crown still lies in the water."
- ―Sir Deris of the Queensguard
A Human female, Silara Panteer was a member of House Panteer, a noble family and one of the Great Houses on the planet of Alderaan. Panteer became Queen of her homeworld sometime before 3667 BBY, continuing decades of Panteer rule before her, and she also bore a son named Gaul. During her reign, Queen Panteer was beloved by the Alderaanian populace, and even her adversaries greatly respected the monarch and her undisputed rule. In 3667 BBY, during the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Alderaan was invaded by the Empire, and during the invasion Imperial forces under the command of the Sith Lord Darth Malgus razed Castle Panteer and captured the royal family. However, the Queen and her family were later rescued by the Republic and Jedi forces who succeeded in repelling the Imperials.
By 3653 BBY, the Queen's son Gaul had become Alderaan's Senator in the Galactic Senate. That year, Alderaan hosted peace talks between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, but when the Empire attacked the Republic capital of Coruscant, the Republic was forced to sign the Treaty of Coruscant that ended the war. An enraged Gaul Panteer declared Alderaan's independence and stormed out of the Senate Building in disgust, returning to his homeworld. Queen Panteer also became ill around this time, and her health steadily worsened over the next few years as Gaul entered into secret negotiations to return Alderaan to the Republic. However, Gaul was murdered by assassins of House Rist on the orders of House Ulgo, and Queen Silara's shuttle crashed only days later in the Glarus Valley after being sabotaged, leading to her death.
The Queen's body was recovered from the river, but she had not been wearing the royal crown, which sank to the bottom of the river in its duralloy container. In the weeks that followed, tensions soon broke out into open war as Bouris Ulgo declared himself king, and a four-way war between the Republic-backed House Organa, the Empire-backed House Thul, House Ulgo, and House Panteer erupted as the Alderaan Civil War began.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic (Indirect mention only)
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "The Head That Wears The Crown" on Alderaan
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Sudden Death" on Alderaan confirms that House Panteer is a Human bloodline.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "The Elysium"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "House Panteer"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "Armed Intervention" on Alderaan
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "The War For Alderaan's Throne"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Red Handed" on Alderaan
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "King's Pass"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "History of Alderaan"
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.