Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Silicon shared some of the same properties of carbon, and was the only possible rival for the role of carbon in biology. However, silicon could only bond with two other atoms, whereas carbon could bond with up to four other atoms at once, and was therefore able to form long molecular chains and rings, the backbones of organic molecules. Because of the limitations of silicon, silicon-based lifeforms were extremely rare.
Silicon was the base element for vacuum-breathing species like the space slugs and mynocks and the mineral lifeform rainbow gems and Shards. The Silika people of Dohu VII were also composed of silicon.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, sentientologist Obo Rin wrote in a report that despite extensive research, he had yet to encounter an example of intelligent silicon life; apparently, he had never heard about the Shards or the Silika. The research facility on Q'Maere, headed by the Qektoth Confederation scientist Drigor Tarrens, was known to conduct experiments with silicon biology. However, these experiments failed, and the facility was left to be managed by students of the University of Sanbra.
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- "Breaking Free: The Adventures of Dannen Lifehold"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- "Harm's Way"—The Kathol Rift
- The Courtship of Princess Leia
- Before the Storm
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Super Empire Strikes Back Official Game Secrets
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Shape-shifters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12 (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- Silicon on Wikipedia