"Sinker" was the nickname of a clone trooper sergeant who served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars along with the rest of Wolfpack throughout the conflict. He served as a sergeant under Jedi Master Plo Koon and Commander Wolffe in the 104th Battalion.
Hunting the MalevolenceEdit
- "Don't look at me. It's Boost, sir. He only takes a bath when he's on leave."
- ―Sergeant Sinker to General Plo Koon on Boost
During the hunt for the Separatist weapon 'the Malevolence', Sinker escaped Plo Koon's Jedi Attack Cruiser in an escape pod along with Commander Wolffe, Boost, and Master Plo Koon himself after the cruiser was hit by an ion cannon, wiping out all its power and leaving it defenceless. When their escape pod was attacked by a droid pod hunter, Koon lead Sinker and Boost in a successful attempt to defend themselves long enough for General Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano to rescue them, resulting in the republic gathering enough intel on the ship from the survivors to destroy the Malevolence.
Battle on FeluciaEdit
Further on in the war, Sinker and the rest of the Wolfpack fought alongside Ahsoka Tano in a stealth mission to scale the walls of a Separatist outpost on Felucia, during which Tano was captured by the Trandoshan hunter, Lo-Taren. In an attempt to find his missing padawan, General Anakin Skywalker sent Sinker and a few other members of the Wolfpack to search the area surrounding the outpost for his padawan. However, after several unsuccessful searches, they eventually left.
Mission to AleenEdit
On their first mission in their Phase 2 armor, Sinker and the rest of Wolfpack was sent to the planet Aleen alongside R2-D2 and C-3PO to aid the residents after several earthquakes. Boost and Sinker accompanied R2-D2 to the Aleen mainframe station where R2 downloaded republic tools onto their computers. After R2 had successfully began the download, Sinker and Boost returned to aid their Commander.
Personality and traitsEdit
Sinker was known to have a sense of humor and cracked jokes even in the most dire circumstances. He also expressed some skill in mechanics when he helped rewire his escape pod after it had lost power due to the Malevolence's ion weapon.Sinker showed proficiency with a jetpack when he used one to scale the walls of a Separatist outpost on Felucia.
Sinker wore Phase I clone trooper armor while hunting the Malevolence and during the fighting on Felucia. By the time of the earthquakes on Aleen, he was equipped with Phase II clone trooper armor. Sinker stylized both types of his armor with Wolfpack symbols. Sinker utilized a jetpack to scale vertical surfaces on several missions. Throughout the Clone Wars, Sinker used the DC-15A blaster.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sinker, like the rest of the clone troopers, was portrayed by Dee Bradley Baker in the animated TV series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Throughout the series, Sinker's character model changed three times.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones identifies Kamino as the homeworld of clone troopers.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"