The Sinking Fields were an area of the Goazon Badlands on Jakku. They were located north of Niima Outpost and Rey's AT-AT home. They were the site of a crash landing by Poe Dameron and FN-2187 in a Special Forces TIE fighter after escaping the First Order's flagship Finalizer. Soon after impact, the fields swallowed the TIE fighter whole to the horror of Finn. The former stormtrooper walked across the fields to Niima Outpost where he encountered Rey and Dameron's missing BB unit BB-8.
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story
- The Force Awakens Golden Book (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Flight of the Arrowhead"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas