During Senator Palpatine's rise to high office, it appears that Sise Fromm, the elderly then-kingpin of organized crime in the galaxy, was one of several gangsters who made possible the Sith Lord's bid for power. Others seem to have included Jabba Desilijic Tiure and Prince Xizor, fledgling heir to the Black Sun criminal empire. Fromm was fascinated by the Tarkin Doctrine and Palpatine's ambitious dream of a New Order. However, Fromm was ignorant of the Senator's true nature and severely underestimated his partner in crime.
Sise hired Boba Fett to eliminate his rival, Klin Kartoosh, leaving him undisputed crimelord of the Annoo system. Sise tried to groom his son Tig to replace him, but the clumsy youth accidentally destroyed Sise's vacation palace on Bolad. Sise assigned soldier Vlix Oncard with damage control duty accompanying Tig.
Even after the end of the Clone Wars and establishment of the Galactic Empire, Fromm continued to attempt to compete with Palpatine. However, he was far more successful in his striving than would seem reasonably possible. He even constructed a superweapon similar to the Death Star, a full fifteen years before the Empire was able to accomplish such a feat. This would have posed a serious threat to Palpatine's newly-established government, were it not for a run of incredibly bad luck that destroyed both the space station and his palace.
Mad for revenge, Sise Fromm devoted his time to hunting down and destroying the individuals responsible. However, his fellow gangsters Xizor and Jabba sensed the winds of change and spent their resources more wisely, garnering favor with those who seemed to be shifting into power. In this way, Xizor and Jabba built powerful criminal empires parallel and in symbiosis to Palpatine's New Order. Taking advantage of Fromm's temporary insanity and weakened state, Jabba the Hutt made a political power-play that would rob Fromm of his power. The quick-witted Hutt struck while the iron was hot and placed a bounty on the heads of the entire Fromm organization, aiming to crush them while they were still reeling from their losses. Through a series of bad turns with the bounty hunter Boba Fett, the elderly Annoo-dat gangster was captured along with his son and Vlix, their chief officer of security, and turned over to Jabba.
Sise survived the ordeal only by agreeing to a deal heavily slanted in Jabba's favor, promising the Hutt a large percentage of the Fromm family business profits and committing their army of Annoo-dat clones to Jabba's attempt at removing the Mandalorian Death Watch diaspora that had encroached on the his territory.
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Droids 2: The Ultimate Weapon (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The White Witch" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Droids—"Escape Into Terror" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Trigon Unleashed"
- Star Wars: Droids—"A Race to the Finish"
- Scoundrels (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: Boba Fett
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 88 (FRO1-2, Fromm Tower Droid)
- "Star Wars Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO"—Polyhedron 170
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Boba Fett: A Bounty Hunter's Journey"—Star Wars Insider 117
- (Indirect mention only)
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 159