On the obscure planet Dathomir, the title of "Sister" was used, regardless of actual kinship, as a form of address for a witch, alone or followed by her first name. Sometimes, this title was also applied to offworlders, out of affection or respect—Augwynne Djo once called Princess Leia Organa "Sister Leia".
The first Dathomiri witches were all biological sisters, born to the wayward Jedi Allya, whence the metaphorical use of "Sister" amongst them. Additionally, the sisters referred to their leader as "Mother", further developing the metaphor of the family.
Notable clan sistersEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
The use of both "Sister" and "Mother" as forms of address is similar to what happens in the hierarchy of Roman Catholic nuns.
- Star Wars: Republic: Infinity's End
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy