The statue of Sistros that Palpatine had used to decorate his private office's anteroom was created during a much earlier time when the Sith had ruled the galaxy. On the surface, the statue appeared to be just another statue but beneath the statue's bronzium finish lay a hollow space lined with neuranium, which contained Palpatine's lightsaber.
Though the actions of Sistros and the other Sages were controversial to many, a small statuette of the ancient demagogue capped the Galactic Senate Speaker's staff wielded by Vice Chair Mas Amedda during the last days of the Galactic Republic.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Statue only)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (First appearance) (Statue only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast" (Appears as statue in flashback)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (Statue only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Statue only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Statue only)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Statue only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Statue only)
- Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Sistros)
- Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- "Set Piece: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's Office"—Star Wars Insider 95
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two
- Star Wars: Beware the Sith