- "Through victory my chains are broken. The chains. The chains are the easy part. It's what goes on in here that's hard."
- ―Darth Maul, reciting part of the Sith Code
The Code of the Sith, also known as Qotsisajak, was a mantra that expressed the core beliefs of the Sith. It was an inversion of the Jedi Code, a set of rules for members of the Jedi Order. It notably taught its followers that it is for the strong to destroy the weak.
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.
In some versions of the Code, the initial line "Peace is a lie" was repeated after "The Force shall free me."
- Darth Maul, Part I (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis" (First appearance) (Fragment only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers" (Fragment only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice" (Fragment only)
- Guardians of the Whills (First identified as Code of the Sith) (First identified as Qotsisajak)
- Backstories: Star Wars – Darth Vader: Sith Lord (First identified as Sith Code)