- "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy, then we shall have peace."
- ―Darth Sidious, to Darth Vader
Sith Empire referred to the Sith-ruled empires that existed long before the Galactic Empire. The ancient Sith built their empires through the use of slave labor, a practice that the Galactic Republic outlawed during its stewardship of the galaxy. At one point, ancient Sith and Jedi Knights fought against each other at the base of a Sith temple on Malachor, resulting in the Great Scourge that killed many warriors on both sides.
Long after the fall of the ancient Sith, Darth Maul was taken to Malachor by his Master, the Sith Lord Darth Sidious. Using the history of conflict between the Sith and Jedi Order to instill a sense of hatred for the Jedi in his apprentice, the Dark Lord compelled Maul to inhale the ashes of the fallen Sith, causing the Dathomirian Zabrak to experience the Great Scourge of Malachor through a Force vision.
Ultimately, the Sith would obtain galactic dominance by the end of the Clone Wars, after Sidious abolished the Republic and proclaimed himself the Galactic Emperor. During his reign, the Emperor possessed various relics and artifacts that dated back to the Sith Empire of old.
- Darth Maul, Part II (First appearance) (Vision to Darth Maul) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Darth Maul, Part IV (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First mentioned; albeit indirectly)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice" (Indirect mention only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only) (First identified as Sith Empire)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Darth Maul, Part II
- ↑ Star Wars 9: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part II
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"