- "Is it battle that stirs you, to meet an enemy blade upon blade? Such is the way of the greatest of the Sith Marauders, who seek strength in war... and in rage."
Sith Marauders were Sith Warriors who fought for the Sith Empire during the Great Sith War, Great Galactic War and the Cold War that followed it circa 3653 BBY. They specialized in dual lightsabers and dealing high amounts of damage to enemies in melee combat.
Sith Marauders were fueled by hatred, rage, and cruelty; the Marauders would typically use Force Rage when entering a battle, entering a battle-fury fueled by the dark side. Thus, most Sith Marauders could duel any average Jedi, toe-to-toe and win.
Sith Marauders first appeared during the Great Sith War. They reached their climax in strength during the time of Darth Traya, Darth Nihilus, and Darth Sion. Hidden in the Trayus Academy on Malachor V, these warriors were trained in great numbers along with other Dark Jedi trained there. However, most of the Sith Marauders were wiped out, along with Sith assassins and Masters after Meetra Surik fought through the academy to confront Darth Traya.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Sith Marauder is one of the dark side prestige classes that is available to a level 15 character. The class corresponds to the light side Jedi class Jedi Weapon Master, as both do not focus so much on philosophy and Force power as they do on battle.
Also in the game The Sith Lords, Sith Marauders are encountered as lightsaber-wielding enemies, most notably on Malachor V. The player will have to face several of these foes throughout the Trayus Academy, finally defeating the lightsaber-oriented Sith and facing Darth Sion and Darth Traya near the end of the game.
A similarly named prestige class, Dark Side marauder, first appeared in The Dark Side Sourcebook. It later appeared in the multiplayer siege mode of the Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy video game. It is not verified how identical these classes are, but they each share the same focus of combat over Force mastery.
The Sith Maurauder is an advanced class for the Sith Warrior class in the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO video game. This advanced class specializes in the use of dual lightsabers and dealing greater damage in battle. The three skill trees for this advance class are Carnage, Annihilation, and Rage. In the game, it is said that the Sith Marauder takes on the path of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Naga Sadow. The Republic counterpart for this archetype is the Jedi Sentinel.
- The Betrayal of Darth Revan
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)
- Clone Wars Adventures
- The Dark Side Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia