Following the end of the Mandalorian Wars in 3960 BBY, the Jedi Revan and Malak led about a third of the Galactic Republic's navy into the Unknown Regions of the galaxy, supposedly under the pretense of tracking any surviving Mandalorians. However, the Jedi encountered the Sith Emperor and were corrupted by him. The Dark Lord persuaded the pair to return to Republic space with their fleet and located the legendary Star Forge, an ancient Rakatan superweapon.
Later, in 3956 BBY, the navy—under command of Admiral Varko—took part in the Battle of Rakata Prime. A Republic fleet, led by a team of Jedi, attacked the Star Forge. During the battle, the Sith armada was bolstered by the Star Forge's defenses and starship manufacturing capabilities. However, as Darth Malak was slain aboard the station in a duel, the Republic fleet destroyed the station, and decimated the remaining Sith fleet.
- Interdictor-class cruisers
- Centurion-class battlecruisers
- Derriphan-class battleships
- Sith fighters
- KT-400 military droid carriers
- Herald-class shuttles
- Iridonian Darkness
- The Betrayal of Darth Revan
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Timeline 8: The Jedi Civil War